How You Can Protect Yourself Against The Zika Virus
Thursday, August 25, 2016 by newsparody
The dangerous mosquito-borne Zika virus is on the rise in several countries. The Onion offers tips for protecting yourself from this growing threat.
(Article by TheOnion.com)
- Protect your unborn infant by regularly spraying insect repellent into the womb.
- Remove any sources of standing water from your property, which are the number-one place for mosquitoes to gather and strategize how to spread the virus.
- If approached by a mosquito, avoid direct eye contact, make deep, guttural noises, and wave your arms to make yourself appear as large as possible while slowly backing away.
- Tuck your pants into your socks, but only if enough other people are doing it.
- Check the CDC’s website for up-to-date information on which of their travel advisory warnings you’ve already violated.
- If you do find yourself feeling ill after being bitten by a mosquito, don’t panic. You could just be feeling the effects of West Nile virus or malaria.
- Inform any pregnant loved ones of the risks associated with Zika and suggest that they delay their delivery until the current outbreak has been contained.
- If you believe you have contracted the Zika virus, take action by contacting CNN immediately.
Read more at: theonion.com